Besides the construction of a website and the upkeep of editorial content on line that deals with the non-proliferation of both conventional and non-conventional weapons, the EU Consortium on non-proliferation has two principal objectives; firstly, to encourage a lively debate amongst research experts in the field from various different EU member countries, and secondly to produce specific analyses and studies for the benefit of European institutions, Member States and civil society.
The EU Consortium on non-proliferation organises two kinds of events: a biannual international conference bringing together nearly 200 experts, preceded by a kick-off meeting of 50 or so experts. The ultimate goal of these symposia is to provide decision makers with operational solutions regarding the principal issues of counter-proliferation. A collection of 40 specific policy papers to complement the Consortium meetings between 2011 and 2013 is also edited, published, and freely accessible on the website.
- European Efforts to Solve the Conflict over Iran's Nuclear Programme: How Has the European Union Performed?
Oliver Meier, NP paper No.27, February 2013, 22p.
- Effective Embargo Enforcement: Overflight Denial and Control
Edin Omanovic, NP paper No.26, February 2013, 20p.
- The European Union, its Overseas Territories and Non-Proliferation: the Case of Arctic Yellowcake
Cindy Vestergaard, NP paper No.25, January 2013, 12p.
- Combating Proliferation Financing: A European Banking Perspective
Indranil Ganguli, Julien Ernoult, NP paper, No.24, December 2012, 22p.
- The European Union's Involvement In Negotiating an Arms Trade Treaty
Sara Depauw, NP paper, No.23, December 2012, 16p.
- The Role of the European Union Delivering Resolution 1540 Implementation Assistance
Lina Grip, NP paper, No. 22, October 2012, 18p.
- Managing Technology Transfers Under the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention
Anna Zmorzynska and Gunnar Jeremias, NP paper, No.21, September 2012, 16p.
- Syria's Proliferation Challenge and the European Union's Response
Michael Elleman, Dina Esfandiary, Emile Hokayem, NP paper, No. 20, July 2012, 20p.
- Pakistan's Nuclear and WMD Programmes: Status, Evolution and Risks
Bruno Tertrais, NP paper No. 19, July 2012, 20p.
- North Korean Proliferation Challenges: The Role of the European Union
Mark Fitzpatrick, NP paper No. 18, June 2012, 16p.
- Defusing the Bomb or just Chit-Chat? Cooperation between the European Union and Japan on the NPT
Stratos Pourzitakis, NP paper No. 17, June 2012, 18p.
- The Proliferation Security Initiative - Evolution and Future Prospects
Jacek Durkalec, NP paper No.16, June 2012, 22p.
- The revised Nuclear Suppliers Group guidelines: a European Union perspective
Andrea Viski, NP paper No. 15, May 2012, 14p.
- European Union arms export control outreach activities in eastern and south eastern Europe
Paul Holtom, Ivana Micic, NP paper No. 14, April 2012, 18p.
- Intangible transfers of technology and visa screening in the European Union
Vicente Garrido Rebolledo, NP paper No.13, March 2012, 16p.
- Strategic trade controls in the United Arab Emirates: key considerations for the European Union
Aaron Dunne, NP paper No.12, March 2012, 18p.
- The NPT review process and strengthening the treaty: peaceful uses
Giorgio Franceschini, NP paper No.11, February 2012, 16p.
- The NPT review process and strengthening the treaty: disarmament
Harald Müller, NP paper No.10, February 2012, 18p.
- The European Union, the IAEA and WMD non-proliferation: unity of approach and continuity of action
Lars-Erik Lundin, NP paper No.9, February 2012, 16p.
- A reflection on the current state of nuclear non-proliferation and safeguards
Andreas Persbo, NP paper No.8, February 2012, 18p.
- The review of the EU Common position on arms exports: prospects for strenghtened controls
Mark Bromley, NP paper No.7, January 2012, 18p.
- Assessing selected European Union external assistance and cooperation projects on WMD non-proliferation
Lina Grip, NP paper No.6, December 2011, 28p.
- Verifying and demonstrating compliance with the BTWC
Iris Hunger and Anna Zmorzynska, NP paper No.5, December 2011, 14p.
- Implications of bioscience and technology advances for the BTWC
Caitriona McLeish, NP paper No.4, December 2011, 14p.
- Strengthening the BTWC through laboratory best practices and biosecurity
Elisande Nexon, NP paper No.3, December 2011, 22p.
- The European Union’s WMD strategy and the CFSP: a critical analysis
Peter Van Ham, NP paper No.2, September 2011, 16p.
- Mapping the European Union’s institutional actors related to WMD non-proliferation
Lina Grip, NP paper No.1, May 2011, 20p.