- This event has passed.
Third EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Conference
4 September 2014 - 5 September 2014
Around 280 experts have gathered in Brussels on the 4 &5 September 2014 to discuss the spread of nuclear and other dangerous weapons. In accordance with the Consortium division of labour, IISS took on the main organizing role for the conference. Introductory Remarks were given by Joelle Jenny, Director, Security Policy and Conflict Prevention, European External Action Service (EEAS). Keynote address was given by Ahmet Üzümcü, Director-General, Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). Evening Keynote Speech was given by UN High Representative for Disarmament Angela Kane and the ensuing discussion moderated by former BBC World News presenter Nik Gowing. All the plenary sessions, simultaneous special sessions, introductory remarks and keynote addresses were recorded on video and are available through this website.
For additional information on the Conference, please see the dedicated Conference website of IISS.
Plenary and Special Sessions: videos, speech transcripts, Q & A
- Introduction to the meeting and Keynote Speech – by Joelle Jenny and Ahmet Ahmet Üzümcü
- First Plenary Session – The Role of the EU in Iran Nuclear Negotiations
- Evening Keynote Address- by Angela Kane
- Second Plenary Session – Eliminating Chemical Weapons
- Third Plenary Session – Working for a Successful 2015 NPT Review Conference
- Special Sessions
Conference Photo Gallery
The Conference online photo album is available on Flickr.