- Mapping the debate on laws at the CCW: taking stock and moving forwardVincent Boulanin, NP Paper No.49, March 2016, 16pp.
- The 2015 UN Register on Conventional Arms: still time to improvePieter Wezeman, Siemon Wezeman, Expert comments, 18 September 2015
ARMS EMBARGOS AND ARMS SALES CODES OF CONDUCT
- Arms transfers control: The example of the French-speaking States of sub-Saharan Africa (in French)Virginie Moreau, Cédric Poitevin and Jihan Seniora, GRIP Rapport n° 2010/5, 32 pp.
- Measuring International Arms TransfersPaul Holtom, Mark Bromley, Verena Simmel, SIPRI Fact Sheet, December 2012, 8p.
- Arms transfers to peacekeeping missions: nothing to report? (in French)Timothy Ghilain , GRIP Note d’analyse, December 2011, 12p.
- Arms acquisition by non-state actors: For a stronger regulation? (in French)Linda Farhat & Jihan Seniora, GRIP Note d’analyse, November 2011, 18 p.
- The EU control on arms trade. An emblematic case from Libya (in French)Federico Santopinto,, GRIP Note d’analyse, 6 pp., June 2011
- Enhancing End-Use Controls on Arms Transfers (in French)Cédric Poitevin, GRIP Note d’analyse, 7 pp., June 2011
- Le débat sur la réforme des règles de contrôle des exportations ITAR dans le contexte des relations sino-américaines (in French)Valérie Niquet, Note n°03/2011, 7 p., Fondation pour la Recherche Stratégique
- The European Common Position on arms exports, a transparency instrument? ( in French )Jihan Seniora,, GRIP, Note d’analyse, 11 pp., March 2011
- European arms exports and sustainable development: inconsistencies and ambiguities in practice (in French)Nicolas Rousseau and Jihan Seniora,, GRIP Note d’analyse, 18 pp., March 2011
- The UN and the control of arms embargoes – Between monitoring and verification (in French)Virginie Moreau, GRIP Rapport n° 2011/3, 30 pp.
- Ukrainian arms supplies to sub-Saharan AfricaPaul Holtom, SIPRI Background Paper 16 pp., February 2011
- Arms flows and the conflict in SomaliaPieter D. Wezeman, SIPRI Background Paper 12 pp., October 2010
- Arms transfers to the Democratic Republic of the Congo: assessing the system of arms transfer notifications, 2008–10Mark Bromley and Paul Holtom, SIPRI Background Paper, 12 pp., October 2010
- The limitations of European Union reports on arms exports: the case of Central AsiaPaul Holtom and Mark Bromley, SIPRI Insights on Peace and Security no. 2010/5, 20 pp., September 2010
- The Common Position on the control of arms brokering: six years after (in French)Virginie Moreau, GRIP Note d’analyse, 14 pp., February 2010
- Arms brokering controls and how they are implemented within the European Union?Virginie Moreau and Holger Anders, Virginie Moreau and Holger Anders, GRIP Rapport n° 2009/11, 32 pp.
- Ist der KSE-Prozess für den ‘Neustart’ bereit? / Is the CFE Process Ready for the ‘Reset Button’? (in German)P. Dunay, W. Zellner and al. (eds.), Die Zukunft Konventioneller Rüstungskontrolle in Europa. The Future of Conventional Arms Control in Europe, Baden-Baden, Nomos Verlag, 2009, pp. 366-391
- Controlling arms brokers operating from abroad: Challenges and policy options for EU statesHolger Anders, GRIP Note d’analyse, 6 pp., August 2009
- Belgian arms transfers to the Middle East (in French)Cédric Poitevin, GRIP Note d’analyse, 11 pp., April 2008
- Triangular arms trade between Belgium, France and Chad: Shortcomings and limits of Belgian and European legislation (in French)Luc Mampaey , GRIP Note d’analyse, 10 pp., February 2008
ARMS TRADE TREATY
- Arms Trade Treaty assistance: identifying a role for the European UnionMark Bromley, Paul Holtom, Discussion Paper, February 2014, 18p.
- Will the arms trade treaty be stuck in the past?Tilman Brück, Paul Holtom, SIPRI Update, March 2013
- Reaching a robust ATT: Over, around, or through the major exporters?Dr Natalie J. Goldring, Acronym Institute for Disarmament Diplomacy, 21 March 2013
- Groundhog Day?Dr Natalie J. Goldring , Acronym Institute for Disarmament Diplomacy, 27 March 2013
- The European Union’s Involvement In Negotiating an Arms Trade TreatySara Depauw, NP paper, No.23, December 2012, 16p.
- Arms Trade Treaty: What prospects for 2013 after the failure of negotiations in July 2012? (in French)Virginie Moreau, Note d'analyse, December 3, 2012, 12p.
- Arms Trade Treaty: EU priorities before March 2013 negotiations (in French)Cédric Poitevin, Note d'analyse, November 28, 2012, 4p.
- Israeli arms transfers to sub-Saharan AfricaSiemon T. Wezeman, SIPRI Background Paper, 16 pp., October 2011
- Transit and Trans-Shipment Controls in an Arms Trade TreatyPaul Holtom and Mark Bromley , SIPRI Background Paper, July 2011
- Implementing an arms trade treaty: Lessons on Reporting and Monitoring from Existing MechanismsPaul Holtom and Mark Bromley, SIPRI Policy Paper No. 28, July 2011
- Import Controls and an Arms Trade TreatyMark Bromley and Paul Holtom, SIPRI Background Paper, July 2011
- The arms trade treaty. Challenges for 2012 (in French)Virginie Moreau, GRIP Rapport n° 2011/6, 37 pp.
- Transparency in armaments: What are the responsibilities for the States? Reporting and exchanges of information (in French)Jihan Seniora,, Jihan Seniora, GRIP Rapport n° 2011/5, 37 pp.
- National reports on arms exportsHenning Weber and Mark Bromley, SIPRI Fact Sheet, 8 pp., March 2011
- Arms transfers to Zimbabwe: implications for an arms trade treatyLukas Jeuck, SIPRI Background Paper, 12 pp., March 2011
- Arms transfers to Europe and Central AsiaPaul Holtom, SIPRI Background Paper, 12 pp., February 2010
- Arms transfers to East and Southern AfricaPieter D. Wezeman, SIPRI Background Paper, 8 pp., December 2009
- Arms transfers to Asia and OceaniaSiemon T. Wezeman, SIPRI Background Paper, 12 pp., October 2009
- Arms transfers to the Middle EastSam Perlo-Freeman, SIPRI Background Paper, 8 pp., July 2009
- Remarks on the Oslo Process and Cluster Munitions BanElvira Rosert, in The Nonproliferation Review, Vol. 16, No. 3, November 2009, pp. 319-321
- The Convention on cluster munitions: the current state of play (in French)Bérangère Rouppert, GRIP Rapport n° 2009/9, 28 pp.
- When disarmament meets humanitarian action: The Convention on Cluster Munitions (in French)Cédric Poitevin, GRIP Note d’analyse, 6 pp., 5 June 2008
CONVENTION ON CERTAIN CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS (CCW)
OPEN SKIES TREATY
- Weapons Tracing in Conflict Theatres: Lessons and PerspectivesClaudio Gramizzi, Analysis note, June 13, 2014, 20p.
- European Union initiatives to control small arms and light weapons: towards a more coordinated approachCédric Poitevin, NP paper No.33, December 2013, 24p.
- Is there really a EU Strategy against small arms proliferation? (in French)Cédric Poitevin, GRIP Note d’analyse, December 2011, 12 p.
- Reporting to the United Nations Register of Conventional ArmsPaul Holtom, Lucie Béraud-Sudreau and Henning Weber, SIPRI Fact Sheet, 8 pp., May 2011
- The EU and small arms and light weapons in Sub-Saharan Africa (in French)Nicolas Rousseau, GRIP Note d’analyse, 12 pp., February 2011
- Managing Land Borders and the Trafficking of Small Arms and Light WeaponsJihan Seniora and Cédric Poitevin, GRIP Rapport n° 2010/3, 24 pp.
- Small ArmsKeith Krause, in J. Peter Burgess (ed.), The Routledge Handbook of New Security Studies, Routledge Handbooks, London, February 2010, p. 27-38
- Tracing Small Arms and Light Weapons – International agreements and challenges in West Africa (in French)Cédric Poitevin, GRIP Note d’analyse, 7 pp., February 2010
- The control of air transport of small arms: Assessment and challenges (in French)Jihan Seniora, GRIP Rapport n° 2009/12, 33 pp.
- The EU and SALW – Portrait of a plurality of policies on a global issue (in French)Hadrien-Laurent Goffinet and Virigine Moreau, GRIP Rapport n° 2009/10, 28 pp.
- Ammunition stockpile management in Africa: challenges and scope for actionHolger Anders, GRIP Note d’analyse, 7 pp., April 2009
- Post-export controls during arms transfers: proof of arrival and end-use monitoringIlhan Berkol and Virginie Moreau, GRIP Rapport n° 2009/4, 39 pp.
- ANDERS The traceability of the ammunition (in French)Pierre Martinot and Ilhan Berkol, GRIP Rapport n° 2008/9, 24 pp.
- UN Firearms Protocol: Enforcement Status and Implementation in the European Union (in French)Ilhan Berkol, GRIP Note d’analyse, 5 pp, April 2008
- The Rifle Has the Devil Inside: Gun Culture in South Eastern EuropeCenter for the Study of Democracy, 2006
- Taming the Arsenal: Small Arms and Light Weapons in BulgariaCenter for the Study of Democracy, 2005
- Transportation, Smuggling, and Organized CrimeCenter for the Study of Democracy, 2004
- Weapons under ScrutinyCenter for the Study of Democracy, 2003