– The 2022 Proliferation Awareness Course organised by VCDNP will be held from 23 to 25 February 2022 in Vienna, on ‘The Spread of Nuclear Weapons: History, Threats and Solutions’.
Day 1️⃣ of the #EUNPDC 12th Consultative Meeting closed with a session on the #AUKUS partnership and #strategic stability in the #Indo-Pacific – @esokova @VCDNP, @AusAmbVIE, @MultipolarOrder, Guibourg Delamotte @Inalco and @MarkHibbsCEIP pic.twitter.com/EICbuH8MAu
The third session focused on #Nuclear proliferation versus #Extented deterrence in #North-East Asia – with Ettore Greco @IAIonline, Elisabeth Suh @dgapev, @AntoineBondaz @FRS_org and Nicola Leveringhaus @KingsCollegeLon pic.twitter.com/dcQphGEScK
The second session gathered experts - @walberque @IISS_org , @Amb_Klement_EU, Jasmine Auda and @HerreraAlmela @IAIonline - to exchange on the concept of #Threshold nuclear state, discussing the current #Nuclear and #Ballistic Iranian issue. pic.twitter.com/fhZPz3zctM
In first session of this Consultative Meeting 2023, experts discussed #Nuclear non-proliferation and #Military alliances in the context of the war in Ukraine 🇺🇦 . With Wilfred Wan @SIPRIorg, @Cox_NukePol, @camille_grand, @PSinovets @odcnp and @liviuhorovitz pic.twitter.com/ZVNp3mJotd
The Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP) and the International Affairs Institute (IAI) organise an outreach event to the University of Innsbruck to engage the next generation and raise awareness on non-proliferation, disarmament and arms control issues..Find out more »
- Ettore Greco, Executive Vice President, IAI, who examined the origins of the war, discussing the overall geopolitical environment and challenges that led to the Russian invasion in February 2022;
- Nikolai Sokov, Senior Fellow, VCDNP, who discussed the nuclear dimension of the war, including the potential use of nuclear weapons, risks of escalation, as well as the impact that the war is generating on arms control and Russia-West relations more broadly;
- Elena Sokova, Executive Director, VCDNP, who drew attention to the risks related to nuclear safety and security of nuclear facilities, including the occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.
- Manuel Herrera, Senior Researcher, IAI, who provided an overview of the EUNPD Consortium and its work, including specific activities organised by each member of the Consortium;
- Federica Dall’Arche, Senior Research Associate, VCDNP, who discussed opportunities in the field available for young students and practitioners, including those offered by the EUNPDC such as internships, e-learning courses, and the YWNGI mentorship programme;
From the left: Manuel Herrera, Martin Senn, Federica Dall’ArcheBoth panels were moderated by Martin Senn, Professor at the University of Innsbruck. More information: Agenda of the outreach event The EUNPDC Consortium and its work Additional Opportunities for the Next Generation The YWNGI is possible thanks to the generous support of the European Union and aims to engage the next generation and raise awareness on non-proliferation, disarmament and arms control issues. The VCDNP and IAI thank the University of Innsbruck for hosting the event.
The 12th Consultative Meeting of the EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (EUNPD) Consortium was held on 12 and 15 June 2023. Organised by the Fondation pour la recherche stratégique (FRS), the […]Find out more »
May 2023, WMD Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Pathways: intensive online introductory course for students of nuclear and aerospace engineering disciplines
SIPRI and the European Union Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Consortium (EUNPDC) invite graduate and postgraduate students of nuclear and aerospace engineering disciplines to apply for an intensive online introductory course on […]Find out more »
Vitaly Fedchenko, Senior Researcher : email@example.com
EU NON-PROLIFERATION AND DISARMAMENT eLEARNING COURSE
This course, designed, developed and launched by the EU Non-Proliferation Consortium and funded through the EU Council Decision CD 2014/129/CFSP of 10 March 2014, covers all relevant aspects of the EU non-proliferation and disarmament agenda and aims to provide a comprehensive knowledge resource for practitioners and scholars interested in arms control, non-proliferation and disarmament of both conventional and unconventional weapons.