- This event has passed.
EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Next Generation Workshop 2022
14 November 2022
On 14 November 2022, the IAI, as a member of the EUNPD Consortium, organised the EU Next Generation Nonproliferation and Disarmament Workshop. The annual event, in its fifth edition, was attended by young academics in the field of non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, selected through a call for papers. During the event, participants presented their ideas on how to address the main challenges in this field. In particular, the following topics were addressed this year:
- Russian Disinformation Practices at the OPCW
- Which Actors Have Been Involved in Cyberspace during the War in Ukraine
- Disinformation and Biological Weapons
- Effective Arms Control for the Lethal Autonomous Weapons
- Proliferation Concerns of Small Modular Reactors (SMRs)
- Militarization of Outer Space
- The hypersonic missile race’s implications for nuclear deterrence
- Emerging Arms Race in Southern Asia
- Sanctions implementation on North Korea
- WMD Threats in the Middle East
The presentations were followed by questions and comments from other participants, including EU representatives.