The FRS organised on 14 January 2021 a webinar with the support of the EU dedicated to the integration of the HCoC within multilateral mechanism and further avenues to curb ballistic proliferation.
As a new United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) Resolution on the Hague Code of Conduct against Ballistic Missile Proliferation (HCoC) was adopted in December 2020, the current HCoC Chair, Immediate Central Contact (ICC), UNODA and FRS experts addressed the role the United Nations plays in the struggle against the proliferation of ballistic missiles. Previous initiatives were evoked, as well as the gradual integration of the Hague Code of Conduct in UN multilateralism. Propositions were made to discuss to renew the conversation on the threat posed by missiles in UN forums.
- Emmanuelle MAITRE, Research Fellow, FRS
- Amb. Benno LAGGNER, Resident Representative to the IAEA, Permanent Representative to the CTBTO PrepCom, Permanent Mission of Switzerland, Vienna, Austria, Current Chair of the HCoC
- George-Wilhelm GALLHOFER, Minister, Representative of the HCoC Immediate Central Contact (ICC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Austria
- Michael SPIES, Acting Head of Science and Technology Unit, UNODA
- Alexandre HOUDAYER, Secretary General, FRS
- Amb. Marjolijn VAN DEELEN, Special Envoy for Non-Proliferation and Disarmament, European External Action Service, European Union
You can watch the event on the following link.